5 Things You Need To Know Today: Sept. 26
Needham Public Schools are closed in observance of Yom Kippur.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Rain: Showers are possible today, mainly after 11 a.m. and again this evening, with the rest of the day cloudy and windy—gusts as high as 33 miles per hour, according to the National Weather Service. High: 76, Low: 56. Chance of precipitation: 30-40 percent.
2. Yom Kippur: Students in Needham Public Schools have the day off today, in observance of Yom Kippur. Classes will resume on Thursday.
3. Shopping day: The Needham Community Council Thrift Shop is open today from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 5-7 p.m. Stop by to find deals on clothing for men, women and children as well as toys, games, small household items and even a few pieces of furniture. Enter the thrift shop through the door on the left side of the building.
4. Class reunion: The Needham High School Class of 1982’s 30th reunion is coming up on Friday, Nov. 23, at the Needham VFW. Details to come. For more information, email email@example.com or check out the class’s Facebook page.
5. Volunteers needed: The Needham Community Council's Child Assault Prevention Program (CAP) is seeking volunteers. New training begins Oct. 17. The training has been revised to more easily fit with busy schedules. For more information and an application, visit www.needhamcommunitycouncil.org or email Gail Sommer at CAP@needhamcommunitycouncil.org.