5 Things You Need To Know Today: Sept. 20
Get a flu shot at Town Hall (registration required), sign up for Girl Scouts or join a walk along the Needham Heights railway.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Sunny: Today will be sunny, with mostly clear skies this evening, according to the National Weather Service. High: 66, Low: 50.
2. Flu clinic: The Needham Public Health Department will hold a seasonal flu clinic for local residents ages 18 and older today from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Town Hall. Call 781-455-7500 ext. 511 to schedule an appointment.
3. Girl Scouts sign-up: Needham Girl Scouts will hold a signup event today beginning at 7 p.m. at the Needham Free Public Library. Girls in kindergarten through high school are invited to stop by, meet new friends and learn about what the Girl Scouts program has to offer. For more information, contact Brenda Wheelock at 774-766-6947 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Rail trail walk: The Friends of the Needham Rail Trail Greenway will hold a walk today at 6:30 p.m. at the Needham Heights trail section. Participants should meet at the Needham Heights MBTA commuter rail station. Check out the group's website, needhamtrailtrail.org, for more information and for a complete calendar of events.
5. Housing options seminar: During today’s session of the Needham Council on Aging's Homeowner and Housing Options seminar, a panel of speakers will talk about services available for the older adult who chooses to remain living in their own home or apartment. The program will be held from 1:30-4 p.m at the Stephen Palmer Senior Center. Call the Senior Center at 781-455-7555 to register.