5 Things You Need To Know Today: Oct. 5
Needham teens are invited to drop by the high school after tonight's football game for free food, music and games.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Sunshine! After a week of rain, the skies are expected to clear gradually throughout the day, according to the National Weather Service. High: 79, Low: 56.
2. Game day: Needham youth ages 12 and up are invited to drop by the Needham Free Public Library today at 3 p.m. for an afternoon of board and card games. This free, monthly program is sponsored by the library with assistance from the Needham High School Anime Club.
3. Class acts: Oct. 5 is World Teachers’ Day, a holiday established in 1994 to draw attention to the work that educators do around the world. Has a teacher in Needham made an impact on you or your child? Tell us about them (use their name or keep it anonymous) in the comments section of this story. And if you’re a teacher yourself, Needham Patch thanks you for the important work you do.
4. 5th Quarter: After watching Needham High School football take on Brookline at Memorial Field (kick-off is at 6 p.m.), Needham teens are encouraged to head up the hill to the high school gymnasium for free food, music and games during NCYSAP’s 5th Quarter event.
5. Get more from Patch: Looking for more news, updates, photos and more from Needham Patch? Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and get news right in your inbox every morning by signing up for our email newsletters. Want to meet the people behind the site and learn more about how to use Patch face-to-face? Contact Local Editor Becca Manning (that’s me!) for details about how to get us to come speak to your group. We’ll be talking with the Newton Needham Chamber of Commerce this morning and have plans to speak at a Rotary Club luncheon later this month.