5 Things You Need To Know Today: Oct. 4
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts will hold a family registration and information session tonight at the Needham Historical Society.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Rain: Today will be cloudy and foggy with showers likely after 2 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. Rain is expected into the evening, with a possible thunderstorm before 10 p.m. Some storms could produce heavy rainfall. High: 68, Low: 53. Chance of precipitation: 60 percent.
2. Girl Scout sign-ups: Needham girls from kindergarten through 12th grade are invited to drop by the Needham Historical Society today at 7 p.m. to learn more about joining Girl Scouts. This special info and registration event is free and open to all. Whether your girl is just starting out, looking to join an existing troop or interesting in becoming an independent Girl Scout, she can get the info she needs here.
3. Flu shots: Drop by Powers Hall on the second floor of Town Hall today between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. for a seasonal flu shot administered by the Needham Public Health Department. These clinics are open to residents ages 18 and older, with no appointment required. Individuals should bring their insurance or Medicare cards with them to the clinics. For more information, call 781-455-7500 ext. 511.
4. NHS Back to School night: Needham High School will hold its fall open house tonight beginning at 7 p.m. Parents will have an opportunity to visit their student’s classes and should bring a copy of the student’s schedule.
5. Support the Senior Center: An event to raise funds for additional equipment and materials for Needham’s new senior center is coming up on Wednesday, Oct. 17. The cocktail party fundraiser will be held from 6:30-9 p.m. at the Needham Golf Club and will feature refreshments, silent and live auctions and a few surprises. Tickets cost $50 each and can be purchased by calling the Stephen Palmer Senior Center at 781-455-7555 or Fundraising Committee member Colleen Schaller at 781-444-8367.