5 Things You Need To Know Today: Oct. 19
It's your last chance to sign up for this Saturday's Spooky Walk, plus a reminder about girls youth lacrosse deadlines.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Rainy: Expect showers today, with thunderstorms possible after 4 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. High: 68, Low: 59. Chance of precipitation: 90-100 percent.
2. Trick-or-Treat: Today is the last day to sign up your ghoul or boo-y for Needham Park and Recreation’s Spooky Walk, to be held this Saturday, Oct. 20 in downtown Needham. Spots may still be open in the second session (12:30-1:45 p.m.). Ages 2-8 accompanied by an adult are welcome. Register online or call the office at 781-455-7550 for more information.
3. Girls LAX: Sign up now through Nov. 15 for the spring 2013 season of Needham Girls Youth Lacrosse, open to girls in grades 1-8. Note: Today is the last day to register to try out for NGYL’s seventh and eighth grade developmental team, which provides advanced training and competitive games. To sign up for any of these programs or to learn more, visit www.needhamlacrosse.com.
4. Parent support: Needham Youth Services and the Needham Women’s Club are offering a series of discussions geared toward parents of teenagers. This free program is limited to nine participants per evening and creates a forum in which parents discuss the challenges of parenting teens in a supportive and confidential setting. Parents may attend any/all of the following evening meetings (which will include dinner). Sessions are scheduled for Oct. 23, Dec. 4, Jan. 29, Feb. 26 and March 12. Additional sessions will be offered in the spring. Learn more at www.needhamma.gov/youth/aconversation.
5. Get more from Patch: Looking for more news, updates, photos and more from Needham Patch? Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and get news right in your inbox every morning by signing up for our email newsletters. Following in the spirit of our town’s friendly football rivalry, Needham Patch is working to get more Facebook fans than Wellesley Patch. Spread the word!