5 Things You Need To Know Today: Nov. 9
Enjoy an evening of food and music at a fundraiser for Plugged In.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Sunny: Today will be clear and sunny but windy, with gusts up to 23 miles per hour, according to the National Weather Service. High: 50, Low: 34.
2. Sing-a-long: Bring your preschooler to the Needham Free Public Library today from 3-3:45 p.m. for a sing-a-long with Ed Morgan. This program is free, with no registration required. Please arrive on time.
3. Plugged In fundraiser: Support the Needham-based Plugged In Teen Band Program at their Fall Family Night Fundraiser tonight from 7-10 p.m. at The Congregational Church of Needham. Enjoy a family-style dinner and dessert cooked up by the Plugged In board members and staff and and rock and roll to the amazing sound of local band Melodeego. Tickets cost $50 for adults and $10 for children ages 18 and under. Learn more at pluggedinband.org.
4. Computer lessons: The Council on Aging offers computer lessons on Thursday afternoons from noon to 3 p.m. by appointment. There is no fee for this class. Call the COA at 781-455-7555.
5. Design contest: The Chabad Jewish Center in partnership with Parametric Technology Corporation in Needham invite local residents to build a virtual Menorah using PTC's Creo product design software. The most creative and original Menorah will be manufactured and lit on Needham Town Common during the Jewish holiday of Chanukah. The winner will also receive an iPad or $500 cash. Learn more at chabadjewishcenter.us/menorah-design-contest.