5 Things You Need To Know Today: Nov. 8
Learn about the many volunteer opportunities around Needham during a community service fair at the library.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Rain: Rain is possible today, mainly before 3 p.m. and again in the evening before 11 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. It will also be windy, with gusts up to 34 miles per hour. High: 43, Low: 35. Chance of precipitation: 80 percent.
2. Crafts: Bring the kids to the Needham Free Public Library today for “harvest” crafts. Two sessions are scheduled, from 10:30-11:15 a.m. and from 3:30-4:15 p.m. The program is geared toward ages 2-6. It is free, with no registration required.
3. Volunteer fair: Find the right place to donate your time at Needham’s volunteer fair, scheduled from 4-6 p.m. at the Needham Free Public Library Community Room. Representatives from a variety of town-wide agencies and organizations will share information about volunteer opportunities around town. All are welcome. Admission is free, and there will be refreshments and door prizes.
4. View from the bench: Judge William G. Young will address Newton-Needham Chamber’s Lawyers Council during a presentation today from 8-9 p.m. at Parametric Technology in Needham. Young will share some memorable experiences on the bar. Tickets cost $15 for Chamber members and $25 for non-members. Register or learn more online at http://www.nnchamber.com or by calling 617-244-5300 ext. 2.
5. Suicide prevention: Needham Youth Services and the Needham Coalition for Suicide Prevention are offering a QPR Suicide Prevention Training for parents and other adults on Tuesday, Nov. 27 at 7 p.m. This is a free program, and hundreds in Needham have already been trained. Registration is required and limited to 20 participants. Learn more at www.needhamma.gov/youth/qpr.