5 Things You Need To Know Today: Nov. 2
Cheer on the Rockets football team tonight as they take on Framingham High School, then encourage your teens to have fun at 5th Quarter.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Cloudy: Today will be cloudy with a slight chance of showers after 1 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. High: 54, Low: 35. Chance of precipitation: 20 percent.
2. Home game: After several weeks away, the Needham High School varsity football team will be back on home turf tonight as they play Framingham High School at Memorial Field. Kick-off will be at 6 p.m. Gate admission is $5 for adults and $3 for students and senior citizens; children 6 and under get in free.
3. 5th Quarter fun: After tonight’s football game, Needham teens can drop by the high school cafeteria for free food, music, games and raffles during the Needham Youth Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition’s 5th Quarter event.
4. Game day: Preteens and teens ages 12 and up are invited to drop by the Needham Free Public Library today at 3 p.m. for board games and cards. The program is sponsored by the library, with help from the Needham High School Anime Club.
5. Want to win $5,000? Enter Patch’s Best Halloween Costume in America Contest. Because of Hurricane Sandy, we’ve extended the deadline to Monday, Nov. 5 at 11:59 p.m. Upload a photo of your best Halloween costume from this year or past years—all ages welcome. National judges will choose 21 finalists from each Patch state and select one grand prize winner based on who has the most creative and innovative costume.