5 Things You Need to Know Today: May 29
Needham High School seniors will hold graduation rehearsal; NHS boys volleyball will face Norwood in the playoffs.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. More rain possible: Showers and thunderstorms are possible today, mainly after noon, with some storms producing heavy rain. The rest of the day will be cloudy with a high near 83 degrees and a low around 67, according to the National Weather Service. Showers and thunderstorms are expected in the evening as well, mainly before 1 a.m., with some storms producing heavy rain.
2. Graduation practice: Graduating members of the Needham High School Class of 2012 must attend the first in a series of graduation rehearsals today from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the NHS A Gym. The NHS Class of 2012 graduation ceremony will be held on Monday, June 4 at 5 p.m. at Memorial Field, weather permitting.
3. Club luncheon: The Rotary Club of Needham meets every Tuesday at noon at the Needham Sheraton, for a luncheon and to listen to a speaker. These luncheons are open and free of charge to interested guests looking to learn more about the Needham Rotary Club and possibly becoming members.
4. Volleyball playoffs: The Needham High School boys volleyball team, seeded No. 3 in the Division I South Section, will host sixth-seeded Norwood tonight at 6:30 p.m. in the NHS A gym. Go Rockets!
5. Prom photos: Needham High School's senior prom is this Thursday, and Needham Patch is looking for parents and teens who would like us to drop by to take photos of everyone in their prom finery for a photo gallery on Patch. Interested in sharing this special evening with friends and family around Needham? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 781-217-4233 and let me know when and where to be with my camera.