5 Things You Need To Know Today: March 30
Quinobequin Quilt Show opens today, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the Masonic building.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Sunny day: Today will be sunny with a high near 48 degrees and an evening low around 34, according to the National Weather Service. There is a slight chance of showers between 11 p.m. and 1 a.m., then possible snow showers.
2. Family fun: Bring the kids to the Needham Free Public Library today at 3:30 p.m. to watch the movie “Puss in Boots” (Rated PG). This program is free, and registration is not necessary. For more information, call the library at 781-455-7559.
3. Thrift shop open: The Needham Community Council Thrift Shop at 570 Hillside Ave. is open every Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Stop by to find deals on new to you clothing and small household items. Use the building’s left entrance.
4. Quilt show: The Quinobequin Quilters show opens today. From 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., drop by the Masonic building, 1101 Highland Ave., to view more than 100 quilts made by quilters from Needham, Newton, Wellesley and surrounding towns. There will be a free quilt hunt activity for kids. Admission is $5 per person.
5. Give back: Looking to volunteer somewhere? There are plenty of places around Needham that are in need of helpers of all ages. Tutor a local student, spend time with a senior, raise funds for cancer research, help out your neighbors, deliver meals to those in need and more. Check out our list of “9 Places to Volunteer in Needham” for more information.