5 Things You Need To Know Today: June 26
Selectmen and Planning Board meet tonight.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Partly sunny: We could see more showers and thunderstorms after 10 a.m. and again toward the evening, with the rest of the day partly sunny, according to the National Weather Service. The high will be around 69 degrees and the low around 57.
2. Selectmen meeting: The Needham Board of Selectmen will meet at 7 p.m. at Town Hall. On the agenda is an update on the salt shed feasibility study, among other items. See the full agenda packet in the Patch Calendar or on the town website, needhamma.gov. Also, the Planning Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. at the PSAB. Find their agenda on the town website.
3. Help out: The Needham Community Farm invites the community to join them for fun and learning all summer long. Drop by the Pine Street site any Tuesday between 6 and 8 p.m. with the kids, friends and neighbors and help with farm chores. Also, check out the website, needhamfarm.org, throughout the summer for other volunteer opportunities and class offerings for children and adults.
4. Emergency contact: If you missed the phone call from Needham Police on Monday morning alerting residents to the sighting of a black bear in Needham Heights, you may want to visit the town website to make sure your current number and e-mail address is registered with the town’s Swiftreach 911 program. Along with checking Needham Patch regularly, signing up for this program is a great way to stay on top of what’s going on in Needham, especially in an emergency.
5. Planning a yard sale? Send the address, date and time to email@example.com to be included in our weekly yard sale roundup, which is posted every Saturday morning at 6 a.m. Missed the deadline? Add your sale to the latest list once it goes up on the site by posting the information in the comments at the bottom of the article.