5 Things You Need To Know Today: June 18
Drop by the library for a free storytime or to sign up for summer reading clubs.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Mostly cloudy: Today will be mostly cloudy, gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 72 degrees and a low around 55, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Storytime: Bring the kids to the Needham Free Public Library for storytime at 10:30 a.m. The program is geared to ages 5 and under, no registration required. And remember: The library will be closed from Saturday, June 30 through Monday, July 9 while replacement flooring is installed on two floors in the building.
3. Health clinic: The Needham Public Health Department offers a free health clinic every week on Monday through Thursday from 8:00-9:30 a.m. at its office on the second floor of Needham Town Hall. Clinics may include blood pressure screening, immunizations, answers to medical questions, review of medications, counseling and referrals. For more information, call the office at 781-455-7523.
4. Job searching? The Transitions center at the Presbyterian Church in Needham is open Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to noon, with resources available to job searchers. Find free access to a computer, office equipment and employment tools, do research or network with others. For more information, call 781-444-3728 or e-mail email@example.com.
5. Summer reading clubs: This year’s Needham Free Public Library summer reading program theme is “Dream Big—READ!” The program runs through Aug. 25; the last day to register is July 21. There are two clubs—Read to Me (ages 3-6) and Independent Readers (grades K-6). Kids can sign up at in the children's department or register and maintain their reading log online at readsinma.org/needham. Both Read to Me and Independent Reader participants will receive a small prize for every two hours recorded on their reading log.