5 Things You Need To Know Today: July 18
Young ones can drop by for storytime this morning at the library, while older youths are invited to participate in Ultimate Frisbee this evening at the YMCA.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Chance of rain: Today will be partly sunny with a chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 11 a.m. and again this evening, according to the National Weather Service. The high will be around 90 and the low around 66. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent.
2. Drop-in storytime: Bring children ages 5 and under to the Needham Free Public Library today at 10 a.m. for stories, music and movement.
3. Frisbee fun: Local youth and teens are invited to come check out Ultimate Frisbee tonight 18 from 6-7 p.m. at the Charles River YMCA. Learn more and check out all of the other events and classes at ymcaboston.org/teen.
4. Get thrifty: The Needham Community Council Thrift Shop is open every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 5-7 p.m. Find great bargains on men's, women's and children's clothing and small household goods. Items change weekly—shop often and find treasures! Learn more at needhamcommunitycouncil.org.
5. For Chamber of Commerce members: The Newton-Needham Chamber of Commerce is offering a new health insurance discount program to business members with up to 50 employees. The Chamber is among the first wave of Massachusetts organizations making the program available to its members through the Massachusetts Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives. Businesses can enroll for coverage beginning as soon August. To learn more, visit www.ChamberHealthCoop.com or contact the Newton-Needham Chamber at 617-244-5300.