5 Things You Need To Know Today: July 13
Engage in a live chat with U.S. Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren today from 1:15-2 p.m.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Warming up: Today will be sunny and warm, with a high near 92, according to the National Weather Service. The evening will be partly cloudy with a low around 65.
2. Chat with Elizabeth Warren: Today from 1:15-2 p.m., readers can participate in a live chat with Elizabeth Warren, Massachusetts Democratic candidate for U.S. Senator. Readers can ask questions, read Warren’s responses and follow the conversation as it progresses right on Needham Patch. Is there a candidate or current town or state official you’d like to see featured in a future Patch live chat? E-mail ideas and/or contact information to email@example.com or call me at 781-217-4233.
3. Live entertainment: The Newton Swing Band will play “oldies” songs from the Roaring '20s, through to the Fabulous '40s today beginning at 1:30 p.m. at the Stephen Palmer Senior Center. Band members come from Needham, Wellesley, Waban, Stow, Walpole and Hopkinton, and range in age up to the 70s. They are directed by Jim Barr and conducted by Alan Glou. There is no fee for this program, but sign-up is required. Call the Senior Center at 781-455-7555 to reserve a spot.
4. Planning a yard sale? Send the address, date and time to firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in our weekly yard sale roundup, which is posted every Saturday morning at 6 a.m. Missed the deadline? Add your sale to the latest list once it goes up on the site by posting the information in the comments at the bottom of the article or just put it on the calendar.
5. Free Y memberships: Now through Sept. 8, the YMCA of Greater Boston is offering free summer memberships to teens ages 13 to 17 at all of its 13 branches, including the Charles River branch in Needham. Teens can visit any YMCA of Greater Boston branch to enroll with a valid state or student ID or with a parent present.