5 Things You Need To Know Today: July 10
Discussion of the Hillside/Mitchell prefeasibility study is on the agenda for tonight's meetings of both the Board of Selectmen and the School Committee.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Sunny: Today will be sunny with a high near 85 degrees and a low around 57, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Hillside/Mitchell update: The Needham School Committee will hold a workshop meeting today at 5 p.m. at Broadmeadow Elementary School’s Media Center. On the agenda is a discussion of the Hillside and Mitchell schools prefeasibility study—including the proposal to consider Cricket Field as a possible future school site—among other items.
3. Selectmen meeting: A discussion of the Hillside/Mitchell project is also on the agenda for the Board of Selectmen’s meeting, set for 7 p.m. in Powers Hall, on the second floor of Needham Town Hall. Also scheduled, at 7:45 p.m., is a public information session on NSTAR's maintenance and landscaping of right of way routes in town. See the full agenda packet here.
4. Evening of Opera: Longwood Opera’s 22nd annual Summer Concert Series will open tonight with “An Evening of Opera” at 7:30 p.m. at Christ Episcopal Church. Tickets are available at the door and cost $8 for adults and $6 for senior citizens, students and children ages 10 and under. Check out the full season line-up and learn more at longwoodopera.org.
5. Networking opportunity: The Newton Needham Young Professional Association will hold a social today at Acapulcos in Needham from 5:30-7 p.m. The group, part of the Newton Needham Chamber of Commerce, brings together young professionals ages 21-42 who work in the Newton/Needham area for networking, marketing and socializing. Young professionals are encouraged to bring friends and colleagues to this open event, and plenty of business cards.