5 Things You Need To Know Today: Feb. 3
Game night at Carter Memorial UMC; middle school dance at Pollard.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Sunny: The day will be sunny with a high around 37 degrees and a low around 22, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Friday Flick: Drop by the Stephen Palmer Senior Center today at 1:00 p.m. for a free showing of the 1954 film “The Caine Mutiny.” Other upcoming Friday Flicks include “The Help” on Feb. 10, “Midnight in Paris” on Feb. 17 and “Huey Long” on Feb. 24.
3. Game night: Carter Memorial United Methodist Church hosts a free game night on the first Friday of every month in the church parlor at 6:30 p.m. Refreshments will be provided. For information, call the church at 781-444-2460.
4. Youth Center event: Seventh and eighth graders at Pollard Middle School are invited to attend a Needham Youth Center dance and sports night tonight from 7:30-10 p.m. in the middle school gyms and cafeteria. Youth are encouraged to celebrate the upcoming Super Bowl by wearing football jerseys. Cost is $8 per person. For information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Relay For Life kick-off: Relay For Life of Needham, Dedham and Wellesley will hold their annual kick-off on Monday, Feb. 13 at 7 p.m. at Temple Beth Shalom in Needham. Get a team together for the June 16-17 event at DeFazio Park in Needham and help raise awareness and funds to support the work of the American Cancer Society. For more information, contact American Cancer Society staff partner Melissa Padeni at 508-897-4324 or Melissa.Padeni@cancer.org or visit www.RelayForLife.org/NeedhamMA.