5 Things You Need To Know Today: Feb. 28
Selectmen, School Committee to meet tonight
“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Sunny skies: Needham will be sunny today with a high near 44 degrees and an evening low around 23, according to the National Weather Service. It will be a little windy, too, with gusts between 10 and 17 miles per hour and as high as 29 mph.
2. Selectmen to meet: Needham selectmen will hold their next regular meeting tonight at 7 p.m. on the first floor of Town Hall. On the agenda is an introduction of a new firefighter, an update on the Bay Colony Rail Trail and a discussion of RTS rates, among other items.
3. School business: The Needham Public Schools School Committee is expected to vote on a revised fiscal year 2013 budget, among other business, at their meeting tonight at 7 p.m. at Broadmeadow Elementary School.
4. Rotary Club lunch: Interested in service and helping out around the community? Join the Rotary Club of Needham. The club holds weekly lunches every Tuesday at noon at the Sheraton Needham Hotel. The gatherings are free to anyone interested in learning more about the club and its membership.
5. Free cat spays: February is Spay/Neuter Awareness Month, and to help raise awareness about the life-saving benefits of helping to control the pet population, through the end of the month the Neponset Valley Humane Society is offering up to 50 free cat spays or neuters. For information, call 781-769-1990 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Transportation is available by the Needham Animal Control Officer for cats residing in Needham.