5 Things You Need To Know Today: Feb. 16
Temple Beth Shalom will host a financial aid info night for parents of college-bound kids.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Partly sunny: The day will be partly sunny with a chance of showers between 5 and 11 p.m. and snow possible later in the evening, according to the National Weather Service. The high will be around 49 degrees and the low will be around 34 degrees.
2. Drop-in crafts: Children ages 2 and up can drop by the Needham Free Public Library for alphabet-themed crafts from 4-4:45 p.m. This program is free, and registration is not necessary.
3. Financial aid info: Temple Beth Shalom will host an informative presentation about college financing and financial aid tonight from 7:30-9 p.m. All parents of college-bound teens are invited to attend the event, which will feature Daniel Barkowitz, former dean of financial aid at Columbia College, answering questions about the application process.
4. Exchange Club meeting: The Needham Exchange Club meets on the first and third Thursday evenings of every month, September through June, at the Needham Golf Club. Meetings include socializing and dinner and a speaker on a topic of general interest. Interested in attending as a guest of the Exchange Club or curious about membership? Call 781-444-3924 or contact a club member via e-mail.
5. Trail Stewards wanted: Volunteers are needed for the Trail Steward Program, a partnership between volunteers and the town designed to improve Needham’s existing trails and potentially help create new trails for all to enjoy. Trail Steward volunteers will be trained how to observe and report on trail activities and to assist with minor trail maintenance. Applications to become a Trail Steward are now available and can be found on the town website on the Park and Recreation page under Trails. For more information, call Trails Coordinator Karen Peirce at 781-455-7521.