5 Things You Need To Know Today: Dec. 19
Winter crafts at the Needham Free Public Library.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Windy: Today will be mostly sunny with a light wind between 14 and 17 miles per hour and gusts up to 40 mph, according to the National Weather Service. The high will be around 43 degrees and the low around 32.
2. Craft time: Children ages 2 and up are invited to drop by the Needham Free Public Library for winter themed crafts from 10:30-11:15 a.m. The program is free, and registration is not required.
3. Health clinic: Every Monday through Thursday from 8:00-9:30 a.m., the Needham Public Health Department offers free health and wellness clinics in their office at the Town Hall. Clinics include blood pressure screening, immunizations, review of medications, counseling, referrals and other services. No appointment is necessary. For information, call 781-455-7500 ext. 511 or visit www.needhamma.gov/health.
4. Caregiver Support Group: The Council on Aging is putting together a support group for people who provide care and assistance to a parent, spouse or friend. For information, including dates and times, call LaTanya Steele at 781-455-7555, ext. 208.
5. Winter camp: Looking for a way to keep the kids busy over winter vacation? Chabad Jewish Center will host Camp Gan Israel Needham from Dec. 26-31, where children ages 5-12 can enjoy arts and crafts, workshops, special trips and other activities. For information, call the Chabad Center at 781-455-9096 or visit www.ChabadJewishCenter.us.