5 Things You Need To Know Today: Aug. 8
The MetroWest Knitting Guild will meet tonight at the library.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Warm and sunny: Today will be mostly sunny with a light wind, according to the National Weather Service. High: 87; Low: 70.
2. Drop-in storytime: Drop by the Needham Free Public Library today at 10 a.m. for stories, music, movement and more. This free program is geared toward ages 5 and under. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
3. Knitting group: The MetroWest Knitting Guild meets on the second Wednesday of the month at 6:45 p.m. at the Needham Free Public Library. All levels of knitters are welcome. There are annual dues of $20 per knitter to help defray costs.
4. Get thrifty: The Needham Community Council Thrift Shop is open today from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 5-7 p.m. Stop by to find deals on “new to you” clothing and small household items. Customers should use the entrance to the left side of the building.
5. Candidates' debate: Tonight at 7 p.m., the Democratic candidates for the Governor's Council, Second District will participate in a debate in nearby Natick, at the Morse Institute Library. Come hear what candidates Brian Clinton, Robert Jubinville, Patrick McCabe and Bart Timilty have to say. The winner of the Sept. 6 primary will face Republican candidate Earl Sholley in November.