5 Things You Need To Know Today: Aug. 23
Bring the kids to the library to watch Toddler Movies or participate in crafts.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Fun for kids: Today at the Needham Free Public Library, kids can watch Toddler Movies at 11 a.m. and participate in craft activities at 4 p.m. Both programs are free, with no registration required.
2. Job searching? The Transitions center at the Presbyterian Church in Needham is open Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to noon, with resources available to job searchers. Drop by to access a computer, office equipment and employment tools, do research or network with others. For more information, call 781-444-3728 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Computer lessons: The Council on Aging offers computer lessons on Thursday afternoons from noon to 3 p.m. by appointment, where participants can learn about computers in a one-on-one session with an instructor. There is no fee for this class. To make a 45-minute appointment, call the COA at 781-455-7555.
4. New to Needham? Get to know your neighbors through the Newcomers Club of Needham, which holds social events throughout the year. Learn more at needhamnewcomers.com.
5. Get your calendar updated: Needham students will be back in class before too long. Find out when the first day of school is, as well as the dates of upcoming school vacations and early releases, in Patch’s handy Back-to-School Guide. If you know of an important upcoming event at your child’s school—a fundraiser, open house, public meeting or otherwise, make sure it’s on the Needham Patch calendar so we can help spread the word. Events and announcements also may be sent to email@example.com.