5 Things You Need To Know Today: April 20
Watch 'Hugo' at the Needham Free Public Library or 'The Help' at the Senior Center.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Good Friday: Expect a beautiful end to the week today, with sunny skies and a high near 75 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. The evening low will be around 51 degrees. Enjoy it while you can—rain is possible this weekend, with highs of 69 on Saturday and 57 on Sunday.
2. Watch “Hugo”: Enjoy an afternoon at the movies with a free screening of “Hugo” (PG, 125 minutes) today at 2 p.m. in the Needham Free Public Library Community Room. No sign-up required. Call 781-455-7559 for information.
3. Music at Babson: The Olin College Conductorless Orchestra will perform tonight at 8 p.m. at Babson College’s Sorenson Center for the Arts. Featured will be pieces by Haydn, John Williams, Mozart and Astor Piazzolla as well as three short original compositions by Olin College students. A reception will follow the concert. This program is free and open to the community.
4. Senior Center activities: The Needham Council on Aging’s Low-Vision Support Group meets on the third Friday of every month at 10 a.m. at the Stephen Palmer Senior Center. The group provides an opportunity for newly blind and visually impaired persons to come together to discuss issues relating to their vision loss. Also today, the movie “The Help” will be shown at the Senior Center at 1 p.m. For information about either program, call 781-455-7555.
5. Democratic Caucus: Democrats from the Fourth Congressional District will gather this Saturday, April 21 at Mount Ida College to elect delegates to the 2012 Democratic National Convention. The caucus will be held in the Mount Ida athletic building and is open to all registered Democrats in the Fourth District. The event will begin at 1 p.m. Registration starts at noon.