5 Things You Need To Know Today: April 18
Artists and musicians are invited to participate in the Needham Spring Arts Festival.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Sunny: Things will cool down a little today, but it will still be sunny with a high near 63 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. The evening will be mostly clear with a low around 39 degrees.
2. Calling all artists: The Needham Art Association is looking for local artists and musicians to participate in their annual Needham Spring Arts Festival on Saturday, June 9 on the Town Common. Artists may exhibit and sell their work and are encouraged to do live demonstrations for visitors. Needham artists can participate at no cost; out-of-town artists may participate for a $20 fee. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.needarts.org.
3. Thrift shop open: The Needham Community Council Thrift Shop will be open for business today from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and from 5-7 p.m. Enter through the door on the left side of the building to shop; donations can be delivered to the door on the right side of the building between 8:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.
4. For the kids: Bring children ages 5 and under to the Needham Free Public Library storytime today at 10 a.m. This program is free and does not require registration. Also today, Temple Aliyah will host its Gan Aliyah Baby & Me Play Group from 11 a.m. to noon. This program is free and open to all. For more information, call the temple office, 781-444-8522, or e-mail JenniferRudin@templealiyah.com.
5. Just desserts: Who makes the best dessert in Needham? Vote for your favorite place in this week’s Best Of Needham – Readers’ Choice poll, and be sure to tell us which dish you love most in the comments. You can also e-mail your comments to email@example.com or text them to 781-217-4233, but be sure to vote in the poll. The poll closes Friday at 9 a.m., and we’ll announce the winner at noon.