5 Things You Need to Know: March 11
Growing herbs at home, some Irish song and painting with wax. Five Things today.
1. After some patches of fog in the morning, the day promises to be partly cloudy with a high of 53ºF, a low of 37ºF. The National Weather Service says the evening will be mostly cloudy.
2. Wondering how you get stuff on the Events calendar? Or put into the Announcements page? It's simple, click the "Add your Events" or "Post your Announcement" buttons on those pages, and fill out the form. Once submitted, they are on the site. They can then be considered for a Five Things or What's Going on in Needham and Wellesley post.
3. For those unfamiliar with wax as a painting too, local artist Amalia Tagaris is running Encaustic Painting Workshops at her studio in Gorse Mill Studios. Starting at 10 a.m., for $75, you can learn more about the style with a beginner class or some time to explore the painting.
4. Adding some herbs and spices to a dish can really bring out some flavor. To help you with that, Green Needham Collaborative and Needham Community Education, Their class on Creating Herb Gardens runs from 6:30 to 8:30 pm in Room 204 at the High School.
5. Song and dance from Ireland, as Wellesley College presents Irish Traditional Women Singers & Songs. The illustrated performance, which starts off at 7 p.m., is headed up by Mary McPartlan Director, Arts in Action Lecturer.