5 Things You Need to Know: Feb. 5
Language and art, discussions for the day for just about any type of artist, today's Five Things.
1. There could be some flurries tomorrow, between 9 a.m. an 11 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, partly cloudy during the day, 28ºF highs dipping to 21ºF with about a 30 percent chance of snow late night into early tomorrow morning.
2. Have a Press Release to Post on Needham Patch? Yesterday, we posted a link with some more information. Simply head to the Announcements Page, use the add your announcements form and click submit to post it on Patch. You just may see it in the What's Going on in Needham and Wellesley site.
3. Wellesley College welcomes contemporary Arab artist Hend Al Mansour to discuss Women, Power, Freedom and Art. She comes to the Multifaith Center, Houghton Chapel at 4:30 p.m. for the free presentation blending language and calligraphy into a work of art and social change.
4. The play's the thing--the play within the play, on the other hand... Tonight, Rivers School Conservatory discusses just that. The Show within the Show: Diagesis in American Musical Theater is the subject of a lecture featuring the Boston Conservatory’s Christopher Caggiano. It kicks off at 10 a.m. for $10.
5. If you're a new artist, you may be running into a problem with your paints: it doesn't necessarily do what it says on the tin. The Needham Art Association presents a lecture on Pigments for today's artists, 7 p.m. at the Needham Free Public Library.