5 Things You Need to Know: Feb. 12
Five things today for folks who are interested in education, writing or Town Meeting membership.
1. The National Weather Service is predicting a breezy day leading to a mostly clear evening. Temperatures ranging between 45ºF and 24ºF.
2. Around some camps, today is "Eat for Education" Day. The camp happens to be the Needham Not Your Average Joe's, who are giving 15 percent of their proceeds to benefit Needham Education Foundation Annual Spelling Bee. If you're looking for dinner out, and want to help, here is one suggestion.
3. The Forum for Potential Town Meeting Members February 12 meets tonight at 7:20 p.m. If you are looking to become a TMM, or need a refresher on what you need to do, stop by Needham Town Hall tonight.
4. A small venue and a simple discussion await folks heading to Wellesley College's latest installment of the Distinguished Writers Series to see Junot Díaz. He'll be reading, talking to faculty and answering questions at 4 p.m.
5. The old adage says that the quickest way to the heart is through the stomach. The Whole Foods Market Community Kitchen program today offers “Meals that Steal Hearts,” which suggests the statement may have some truth. Starts at 6 p.m.