5 Things You Need to Know: Dec. 7
A spelling bee and a musical cat in a hat are swinging by Needham and Wellesley Today.
1. If you don't pack an umbrella, there's a chance you'll regret it later. About a 40 percent chance, according to the National Weather Service, of rain mostly after 4 p.m. Highs of 45ºF and lows of 36ºF when the evening is expected, with a 100 percent chance, to drop between a tenth and a quarter inch of rain.
2. Take your kids on a trip to see the man in red himself on The Polar Express Train Ride. The train leaves from 70 Main St, Buzzards Bay and from 252 Main St, Hyannis for its 1 hour, 15 minute train rides. See the site for schedule information, tickets are $19 for kids, $29 for adults in coach (see listing for full price list).
3. Bring your die and game pieces, because it's First Friday Game Night at Carter Memorial United Methodist Church. Bring your favorite games, or play one of those the church already has. They meet in the church parlor at 6:30 p.m., and are asking folk to bring snacks to share.
4. The Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee is coming to Wellesley. It's not exactly a bee, as much as a free play at Wellesley College, 7 p.m. tonight. Six outsiders vying for a title, and a place to belong.
5. What do an elephant, a cat with a hat, and a place called Whoville have in common--aside from being Dr. Seuss creations? Well, they'll all be at Needham's Newman Elementary School. Seussical is playing this weekend, tonight at 8 p.m., tomorrow at 7 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. Tickets are $17.