5 Things You Need to Know: Dec. 31
The last Five Things of 2012! Pop the bubbly (and some tips on how), celebrate in style, and get on the ice.
1. According to the National Weather Service, the new year will ring in with about a 20 percent chance of snow. Otherwise, the day should be mostly sunny with highs of about 28ºF, then dipping to 23ºF during the cloudy evening.
2. Needham High School Boys Ice Hockey is running their Family Day 10 a.m. at the Babson College Skating Center in Wellesley. A game, photos, and a chance to meet Rockey the Rocket, the new mascot for Needham HS!
3. Forget Boston's First Night, 'round here we're celebrating New Year's Needham. There are a host of places to pick up the $5 button, and a slew of events all around town. Including the party at Needham Town Hall later that evening ($10 at the door). See more on the event page.
4. If you're looking for a more peaceful, pleasant evening tonight: Longwood Opera is presenting a gala New Year's Eve Concert at Christ Episcopal Church. Curtains go up at 7 p.m., and it's a free show with your New Year's Needham badge.
5. Before you pop the cork on your bubbly, you may want to skim these tips on champagne etiquette (i.e., how to pop it without injuring someone) from our Metro West Wines blog.