5 Things You Need to Know: Dec. 11
An illuminating evening ahead of you, as trees and menorahs are lit, and gifts come out of the kitchen.
1. The National Weather Service predicts the clouds will start to clear up over the course of the day, leading to a mostly clear evening. Temperatures will range between 46ºF highs and 24ºF lows throughout the day.
2. The Hospice of the North Shore & Greater Boston Offices has been selling lights for their Tree of Lights Ceremony. At 5 p.m., they are hosting a ceremony at their 70 Walnut Street location.
3. The Needham Common will be the site of a Winning Menorah Lighting. This year, the Chabad Jewish Center, crowdsourced the holidays by asking people to design a Menorah--which they will light tonight, on the Town Common. Lights go up at 6 p.m.
4. You might be surprised what kind of Gifts from the Kitchen you can cook up. At 6 p.m., at Whole Foods, the Massachusetts Horticultural Society is hosting a hands-on class about making gifts that are welcome in pretty much anyone's kitchen. $10 for members, $12 for non-members.
5. There are stereotypes, myths and misconceptions about boys and girls, and the Parent Talk Lecture Series, tonight, presents 'The Truth About Girls and Boys' If you're interested in learning more about how these myths impact your kids and your jobs, then 7 p.m. at Newman Elementary School is the time and place. $15 at the door, or pre-register online for $10.