5 Things To Do This Weekend: July 14-15
Go for a swim, shop the Needham Farmers Market or support Swim Across America this Saturday and Sunday.
It’s Thursday, and the weekend is right around the corner. Patch has your back with a few fun things to do. Check our picks for the activities to hit and some places to explore. Here's what's happening in and around your town.
1. FUNtastic Saturdays for Kids
- Where/when: Linden Square Courtyard, 180 Linden St., Wellesley; Saturday, July 14, 1-4 p.m.
- Why go: Every Saturday through Sept. 15, Linden Square will host its summer fun days. This weekend, kids can enjoy a petting farm, magician, farm animal magnet decorating and popcorn, among other activities. See the full summer schedule on the Linden Square website.
- Pricing: Free
2. Swim at Rosemary Pool
- Where/when: Rosemary Pool, Rosemary St. and Hillside Ave., Needham; Saturday and Sunday, July 14-15 from 12:30-7:45 p.m.
- Why go: Saturday looks like the best pool day, with sunny skies and a high near 89 degrees. Sunday will be warm as well, with a high around 85, but it will be mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Season passes are available, or you can pay the daily rate, with admission half off after 6 p.m.
- Pricing: Needham resident daily rate: Ages 2-59, $6; ages 60+, $3. Non-resident rate: Ages 2-59, $8; ages 60+, $3
3. Shop the Needham Community Council Thrift Shop
- Where/when: Needham Community Council, 570 Hillside Ave., Needham; Saturday, July 14, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Why go: Find great bargains on men's, women's and children's clothing and small household goods and support local programs that help Needham residents. Items change weekly—shop often and find treasures! Learn more at needhamcommunitycouncil.org.
- Pricing: Varies
- Where/when: DCR Nantasket Beach in Hull (Saturday) and Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf in Boston (Sunday); Saturday, July 14 and Sunday, July 15
- Why go: The 19th annual Swim Across America Boston Harbor 22-mile relay swim will be held on Friday, July 13, and the 15th annual DCR Nantasket Beach one-mile and half-mile swim will be on Saturday, July 14. Proceeds from the Boston-area swims go directly to the David B. Perini, Jr. Quality of Life Clinic at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, where experts help pediatric cancer survivors with an array of issues they face after completing cancer treatment. For more information or to help out, visit www.swimacrossamerica.org.
- Pricing: Free to watch; donations welcome
- Where/when: First Parish in Needham, Unitarian Universalist, 23 Dedham Ave., Needham; Sunday, July 15, 1-5 p.m.
- Why go: Catch up with your neighbors and shop from a variety of items including sweet corn, prize-winning tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, gooseberries, lettuce, cucumbers, spinach, broccoli, radishes, beets, herbs, potted herbs, hanging plants, vegetable plants, fish, meat, eggs, cheese, bread and tea. Featured vendors will include MacArthur Farm, Neighborhood Farm, Community Farm, Globe Fish, John Crow, Hazel’s Bakery, Foxboro Cheese and Gay Grace Tea. The Farmers Market Jazz Band will play from 2-4 p.m. The market is held every Sunday through October. Learn more at www.needhamfarmersmarket.org.
- Pricing: Free admission; items available for purchase