5 Things To Do This Weekend: Aug. 4-5
Ride your bike to the Needham Farmers Market on Sunday.
It’s Thursday, and the weekend is right around the corner. Patch has your back with a few fun things to do. Check our picks for the activities to hit and some places to explore. Here's what's happening in and around your town.
- Where/when: Linden Square Courtyard, 180 Linden St., Wellesley; Saturday, Aug. 4, 1-4 p.m.
- Why go: Linden Square hosts its summer fun days every Saturday from July 7 to Sept. 15. Kids can enjoy a petting farm, entertainment, summer crafts and much more. See the full summer schedule on the Linden Square website.
- Pricing: Free
2. Swim at Rosemary Pool
- Where/when: Rosemary Pool, Rosemary St. and Hillside Ave., Needham; Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 4-5 from 12:30-7:45 p.m.
- Why go: Cool off and have some fun right here in town at Needham’s Rosemary Pool. It will be mostly sunny with a high near 84 on Saturday and mostly cloudy with a high near 84 on Sunday. Season passes are available or you can pay the daily rate, with admission half off after 6 p.m.
- Pricing: Needham resident daily rate: Ages 2-59, $6; ages 60+, $3. Non-resident rate: Ages 2-59, $8; ages 60+, $3
3. Shop the Needham Community Council Thrift Shop
- Where/when: Needham Community Council, 570 Hillside Ave., Needham; Saturday, Aug. 4, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Why go: Find great bargains on men's, women's and children's clothing and small household goods and support local programs that help Needham residents. Items change weekly—shop often and find treasures! Learn more at needhamcommunitycouncil.org.
- Pricing: Varies
4. Needham Farmers Market (Bike to the Market Day)
- Where/when: First Parish in Needham, Unitarian Universalist, 23 Dedham Ave., Needham; Sunday, Aug. 5, 1-5 p.m.
- Why go: Sunday, Aug. 5 will be the first Needham Farmers Market Bike to the Market Day. The first 25 people to bicycle to the market will receive a $2 coupon to use at the Needham Farmers Market that day. This offer is limited to the first 25 people who bicycle to the Market—limit one coupon per family. Make sure to come to the market manager’s tent to get your coupon. Market-goers are also encouraged to stop by the Rail Trail table at the Aug. 5 market. The Needham Rail Trail Committee is working with the Bay Colony Rail Trail (www.baycolonyrailtrail.org) to convert miles of unused rail corridor into a shared use path. Also featured will be local artisan Sheryl Scipione and music by Euphonium Trio. The market is held every Sunday through October. Learn more at www.needhamfarmersmarket.org.
- Pricing: Free admission; items for sale
- Where/when: Needham Community Farm, 0 Pine St., Needham (near the Charles River Street end of Pine Street); Sunday, Aug. 5 at 2 p.m.
- Why go: This event was rescheduled from last weekend because of damp weather. Join the Needham Friends of Woods and Waters and naturalist Joy Marzolf of the Broadmoor Wildlife Sanctuary on an educational Insect Walk. Long pants and long sleeves are recommended. The farm driveway is a right turn off Pine St., just before it meets Charles River Street. Gather at the paved parking area on the left side of the driveway, 500 yards from the entrance.
- Pricing: Free