NHS Class of 2012 Graduation Dates and Guidelines
- Student: Class of 2012
- School: Needham High School
The Needham High School main office recently sent out this graduation rehearsal schedule and other graduation information for 12th grade parents via the school's listserv.
All graduating students are required to attend these rehearsals:
• Graduation Rehearsal—Tuesday, May 29, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the NHS A Gym (students should sit in the bleachers upon arrival)
• Graduation Rehearsal—Wednesday, May 30, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the NHS A Gym
• Day of Graduation Rehearsal—Monday, June 4, 12:30-2 p.m. at the NHS A Gym (in the event of rain, the rehearsal will be held in the PepsiCo Pavilion sports complex at Babson College)
• Day of Graduation Line-up—Monday, June 4, 4:15 p.m. Students should report to the NHS B Gym (in the event of rain, students should meet at Babson College at 5:15 p.m.)
The NHS Class of 2012 graduation ceremony will be held on Monday, June 4. On graduation evening, lines will form in the B gym at 4:15 p.m. and leave for Memorial Field at exactly 4:45 p.m.
Rain Site and Ticket Information
A decision will be made by 8 a.m. on Monday, June 4, if the graduation will not be held at Needham High School. In case of inclement weather or the threat of inclement weather, graduation will be held at Staake Gymnasium at Babson College in Wellesley. This information will be broadcast on The Needham Channel.
At the rehearsal on Wednesday, May 30, each graduating senior will be given five tickets to be used in case the graduation ceremony is held indoors. Parents, family and friends do not need tickets if the graduation ceremony is held outdoors.
A student who owes an obligation will not be issued a cap and gown until the obligation is cleared with the Grade Level Secretary. Students will keep their caps and gowns after graduation. All obligations (includes missing work, transcripts, fees, books, etc.) are due by the end of the day on Thursday, May 31.
All students eligible to participate in the graduation ceremony and who choose to participate in the ceremony will wear a cap and gown. The gown is to be worn closed, under which the student should wear appropriate attire such as:
- A dress or a blouse and skirt and dress sandals or shoes for women;
- A shirt, tie, slacks or trousers, shoes and socks for men
- Jeans, shorts, beach thongs, sneakers and bare feet are not appropriate.
- Lettering on graduation caps is not permitted.
- Girls should have bobby pins to secure their caps.
A student who has a question concerning these guidelines or who is experiencing difficulty in meeting these guidelines should see Mr. Bourn at least one week prior to the date of the graduation ceremony. He will clarify any questions and provide assistance to those who are experiencing difficulty in meeting the guidelines.
Seniors' final report cards will be mailed home.
For additional information, contact the NHS main office at 781-455-0800 ext. 2205.