Needham will remember residents who have served in the Armed Forces with a series of ceremonies planned for Memorial Day on Monday, May 28. The community is encouraged to attend these events.
The schedule is as follows:
- 6:50 a.m. Mass for deceased veterans at St. Joseph's church
- 8:15 a.m. Services at the Needham Police Station and Fire Station on School Street
- 9 a.m. Brief ceremony and the placing of a wreath and flag raising at St. Mary's Cemetery (at Hunnewell and Cedar streets)
- 9:45 a.m. Flag raising ceremony and the placing of a wreath at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial at Sunset and Cefalo roads
- 10:30 a.m. Flag raising ceremony and the placing of a wreath at Needham Cemetery. Taps will be placed as part of the traditional ceremonies.
- 11 a.m. Parade will form on Nehoiden Street and proceed to the Town Common
- 11:20 a.m. Flag raising ceremony and placing of a wreath at the Town Common
- 11:45 a.m. Parade reforms on Highland Avenue and then proceeds along to Memorial Park
- 12 p.m. Flag raising and the wreath placing along with traditional ceremonies will be held at the Veterans Memorials at Memorial Park. Ice cream cups will be given to the children after the ceremonies
- 12:30 p.m. Collation at the VFW—all are welcome.